Some of the main symptoms of oral cancer are:
- Swelling, lumps, rough spots or crusts on the lips, gums, or other parts inside the mouth.
- Development of velvety white, red, or speckled patches in the mouth.
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth.
- Unexplained numbness.
- Pain in the mouth, face, or neck.
- Ear pain.
- Dramatic weight loss.
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, moving the jaw, or tongue.
- Fitting of the teeth or dentures changes.
- Chronic sore throat, or change in voice.
Make sure that you visit the top Oral Cancer hospital to get the best treatment for tongue cancer. Dr. Amit Kumar Dhiman is best Dr for Oral Cancer as he properly examines the patient’s condition and then gives a suitable course of treatment.
According to research, men are more prone to the problem of tongue cancer as compared to women and men of over 50 are at greater risk. Some of the causes or risk factors of this cancer are:
- Cigarette or pipe smokers have 6 times more chances to develop this cancer.
- Mouth cancer is 6 times more common in excessive drinkers.
- People who chew tobacco have 50% more chances to develop cancer of gums, cheeks, and lips lining.
- A family history of cancer increases the chances of getting cancer.
- Excessive sun exposure, seen specifically with young people.
To give the patient the right Oral Cancer Treatment and best Oral Cancer Treatment Cost, the important tests are:
- An endoscopy
In this approach, a thin tube is passed with a small camera and light, down the person’s throat to check how much cancer has spread and how far it has reached.
- Imaging tests
To check if cancer has spread to the lungs then X-ray is helpful.
If a person has symptoms then the doctor will ask these questions and then the mouth cancer treatment plan will be evaluated:
- Discuss the symptoms
- Do physical examination
- Discuss personal and family medical history
If the patient is suspected to have tongue cancer then a biopsy is done. In this method, small tissue samples are taken to check the harmful cells.
The best Oral Cancer doctors will give the treatment according to the stage, location, patient’s overall health, and cancer type. In some cases, the patient is given mouth cancer treatment without surgery. Let’s discuss the treatment options:
The surgery is recommended to the patient to remove the cancer cells from the jawbone, lymph nodes, and part of the tongue.
- Radiation Therapy
Oral cancer is sensitive to this option. The high energy X-rays are used which damages the tumor cells and they won’t reproduce again. This treatment is best for people who have quit smoking or do not smoke. At the early stage of oral cancer, radiation therapy is very effective to reduce its effect.
If cancer has spread in excess then chemotherapy is used with radiation therapy. The DNA of the cancer cells is damaged due to the powerful medicines used in this treatment. In this case, the cancer cells are destroyed but sometimes the healthy tissues are damaged which can lead to adverse effects like hair loss, fatigue, vomiting, and weak immune system.
- Stage 0
At stage 0 the cancer cells are growing in the outermost layer of the oral cavity.
- Stage 1
At stage 1 the cancer cells are 2 cm smaller and not present in the nearby structure.
- Stage 2
At stage 2 the tumor is 2 cm to 4 cm across.
- Stage 3
The tumor cells are more than 4 cm across and the cancer cells are not present nearby the structure.
- Stage 4
The cancer cells have spread to other body parts and it is the most advanced stage.
Mouth cancer Prevention
Some of the ways to prevent mouth cancer include stop the use of tobacco, drink alcohol in moderation (if at all), visit the doctor, and avoid sun exposure.