What you should know regarding various cancer types and treatment in India?
‘A to Z’ about cancer types and treatment
Cancer is the parasol term for a large group of diseases that occurs due to abnormal cells dividing rapidly and spreading to different organs & tissues. Cancer is one of the prominent reasons for death in the world.
When a patient is looking to get tumor treatment in India there major concern should be to look for an experienced oncologist. During the initial consultation, you will be told in-depth regarding the cancer type to cancer treatment cost in India.
Cancer Growth and Metastasis
Our body is made to grow and divide trillions of cells that are needed to function on the daily basis. With healthy cells, a specific life cycle is followed which determines the cell type. New cells will take the place of damaged or old cells as they die.
What are the cancer types?
Cancer is given the name to the area from where they start and what they are made of, despite them spreading to different body parts. For example: If the cancer growth started in the lungs and then spreads to the liver, it will still be named lung cancer. Apart from that, there are general cancer types which include:
Leukemia is bone marrow cancer that generates blood cells.
Carcinoma originates from the tissue or skin which is in line with other organs.
Sarcoma is the connective tissue cancer of muscles, blood vessels, bones, and cartilage.
- Myeloma and Lymphoma
These are the cancers of the immune system
What are the possible risk factors and treatment?
The undeviating reason for cancer is the DNA change or mutation in cells. Genetic mutations are inherited. Their growth can occur after birth which is the reason for environmental issues. Some of the forces which can result in these forces are:
- Radiation exposure
- Unprotected exposure to the sun
- Lifestyle choice like diet & physical activity
- Cancer-causing chemical exposure like carcinogens
Understanding the factors which result in issues are important to understand. Some of the important tips which prevent the risk of cancer are:
- Stop the consumption of secondhand smoke and do not consume tobacco.
- You need to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Make sure to limit the consumption of processed meat. Opt for a Mediterranean diet that includes lean proteins, healthy fats, and plant-based tools.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Make sure you keep a healthy weight and do 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Protect yourself from sun exposure.
Some of the cancer treatment options in India are:
- Stem cell transplant
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted drug therapy