Signs and Symptoms of Urinary Bladder Cancer
The most common sign of urinary bladder cancer is seeing blood in the urine. The person may be facing another urination problem. But, yes it is best to consult the doctor at the right time to understand the situation in a better way. Read the guide to learn the signs and symptoms of urinary bladder cancer.
Given below are some of the common signs and symptoms of blood cancer shared by our cancer doctor:
Urine contains blood
Blood in the urine is also known as hematuria which is one of the signs of urinary bladder cancer. This is painless and it can come and go. You will be only able to see the blood when you urinate. It means you need to seek medical attention right away by visiting the best cancer hospital.
While urinating you have Irritation
During urination, the person also has irritation which is another sign of urinary bladder cancer. Some of the additional symptoms are:
- Discomfort, pain and burning sensation while urinating.
- Involuntary urination
- Feeling an urgent need to urinate even when the bladder is not full.
In case, you have a burning sensation when you urinate then make sure to get the diagnosis at an early stage to control the condition.
While urinating feeling of blockage
If you feel that the urine flow is blocked then you need to seek medical attention. It might be possible that the irritating symptoms are the reason for prostate enlargement or any other urinary condition. So, you should get yourself examined at the right time. You might have certain symptoms which include:
- Difficulty urinating
- Feeling that urine cannot come out of the bladder.
- Feeling of pain because the tumor is blocking the urine from coming out.
- Weak urine stream or facing trouble releasing urine.
Rare symptoms of Urinary Bladder cancer
If cancer has passed to another body part, then it can develop advanced bladder cancer and some of the symptoms includes:
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual fatigue
- Trouble urinating
- Unexplained weight loss
Pain is another indicator which means the tumor is spreading in the body.
- If you have pain above the pubic bone or flank then it might be a sign of bladder cancer.
- If you have pain between the vagina or penis and anus then it also indicates the nearby tissues or organs have cancer cells.
According to the body part in which the cancer is spreading, you can have different symptoms in a certain area. Some of the examples include:
- If cancer spreads to the lungs then it can have symptoms like cough with blood, and breathlessness.
- If cancer has spread to the kidneys then it can result in kidney problems which can leave swelling in the legs or feet.
- There can be abdominal pain if cancer spread to the liver or stomach lymph nodes.