Why is cancer considered the most striking disease in the world?
Cancer is the unregulated growth of anomalous cells anywhere in a body. Such irregular cells are called tumour cells, cancer cells, or cells with malignancies. Cancer induces uncontrollable division of the cells. It can lead to cancers, immune system damage, and other issues that can be fatal. But if you are in our cancer hospital in Ludhiana you will get the best treatment plan.
Growth of Cancerous cells
- Many cells of the body have unique functions and periods of finite life. Cell death is part of a normal and beneficial process known as apoptosis, although it may sound problematic. A cell needs to die so that it can be replaced by a new and fresh cell that performs better.
- The cancerous cells are short with the components which instruct them to stop dividing and die. Due to this, they start building up in the body with the use of essential oxygen and nutrients which need to supply to the other cells in the body
- It is possible they can form tumors that impair the immune system and other changes are happening in the body that will affect the natural functioning.
You might not know this but there are around 200 types of cancers. In case, you are diagnosed with any type of cancer then make sure to get your treatment started right away.
What are the causes of cancer?
Different factors are there which can increase the chances of having cancer. Additionally, the genetic factors are there which increases the risk of certain cancer types. The increase of genetic cancer type is more as compared to the one which is inherited gene mutations.
Some of its common causes are:
Getting exposed to industrial dyes, asbestos, and benzene is linked with cancer.
- Tobacco smoking
Smoking is responsible for lung cancer and this also increases the risk of certain cancer like oral cancer, mouth, bladder, cervix, esophagus, larynx, and oral cancer.
- Ionizing Radiation
There has been a relation between cancer and ionizing radiation. But with radiation exposure, the increased risk of cancer is there.
- Certain virus
There are certain viruses like HIV which are linked with increased risk of sarcomas, liver, and lymphomas.
Cancer can lead to different symptoms which depend on what cancer type you have, its location, where the cancer cells have spread, and what it’s the stage. When cancer cells get pressed or the invading surrounding cells can trigger pain. The hormones and chemicals can lead to autoimmune reaction and the normal functioning of the body is impacted or the healthy cells can also be killed. Some of the symptoms are:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicle, or elsewhere
- Noticeable changes in the size, color, shape, or thickness of a wart or mole
- Irritating cough or hoarseness
- The sore throat that doesn’t heal
- Unusual bleeding or discharge