Which are the Most Common Cancer Types?
Most people know someone who has been diagnosed with cancer. Earlier it is diagnosed, it helps to start the treatment. It is important to know the warning signs of cancer by consulting the doctor. In this guide, we are going to discuss in detail the different types of cancer for your understanding.
Given below are some of the most common type of cancer:
Non-melanoma Skin Cancer
Non-melanoma skin cancer includes squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma. This type of cancer affects people all over the world. Some of the signs of basal cell carcinoma include:
- Sores that reappear and do not heal.
- Scaly red patches
- Small & smooth lumps which are pink, red, or white.
- Pale and flat skin area which looks like scars.
- Sores that bleed, itch, or the surface have small blood vessels.
- Pink growths with raised edges.
To understand the cancer type in a better manner you should visit the best cancer hospital. Our cancer hospital in Ludhiana will provide you the best treatment plan which helps to improve your condition and control the symptoms.
Signs of squamous cell carcinoma include:
- Scaly and red patches.
- Wart-like growths
- Sores that bleed easily, won’t heal or doesn’t go away.
- Growths that are irritated, itchy, or painful
Some of the breast cancer includes:
- Breast swelling
- Pain the nipple or breast.
- The skin on the breast gets thick, red, or scaly.
- There is a lump or mass in the armpit or breast. Most of them are painless and it feels tender.
- Nipple discharge is not like breast milk.
Not always these signs indicate it is breast cancer. It is important to seek help from a cancer doctor for better information.
Some of the common signs of lung cancer include:
- The persistent cough does not go away or get worse.
- Breath shortness
- Persistent chest pain
- Bone pain
- Losing weight
- Blood clot
- Severe lung infection
- Coughing up blood
- Voice changes
In most cases, the symptoms occur at an advanced stage. This is because the lung has few nerve endings and the tumor can grow without resulting in any pain.
Some of the common signs of prostate cancer include:
- Pain in the rectum
- Urine contains blood
- Issue urinating like holding urination, improper urine flow, sudden need to urinate, or leaking.
- Urination comes along with pain.
- Need to pee at night.
In most cases, there are no warning symptoms. People above the age of 55 should consult the doctor to make sure their health is proper.
Colon and Rectal Cancers
Some of the signs include:
- Sudden weight loss
- Bowel movement changes
- Stomach pain that lasts for a few days.
- You might feel the urgent need to urinate.
- Rectum bleeding
Until the problem is at the advanced stage, it won’t result in symptoms. You need to consult the doctor to get detailed information.