Prevention Tips To Reduce The Risk Of Cancer: Dr. Amit Kumar Dhiman
In this article, we’re going to discuss the cancer prevention tips recommended by our oncology doctor which helps you live your life with comfort and peace.
Prevention tip 1
Stay fit and keep your body weight stable
Maintaining a healthy weight is very important for over-wellbeing and it also reduces the risk of getting different types of cancer like lung, colon, kidney, breast, and prostate cancer. Additionally, you need to be physically active to reduce the risk of cancer.
What should you do?
Make sure you do strenuous aerobic activity for 75 minutes and 150 minutes moderate aerobic activity in a week. Generally, you should spend 30 minutes every day doing any type of physical activity.
Prevention Tip 2
Stay away from tobacco consumption
If you consume tobacco then there are high chances of getting cancer. Various studies have shown that smoking increases the risk of getting cancer include:
- Mouth cancer
- Lung cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Pancreas cancer
Even using second-hand tobacco increases the risk of lung cancer. If you are facing a problem then you should talk to the doctor about quitting smoking products.
Prevention Tip 3
Eat a well-balanced diet
A healthy selection of food will not guarantee to prevent cancer but it might reduce the risk. You should consider these things:
- You need to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables so that your body gets different types of nutrients.
- It is best that you choose food options that have fewer calories and stay from fatty food and sugar products.
- Limit the consumption of processed meat. A report from the WHO has shown that consumption of red meat can slightly increase the risk of cancer.
- You need to drink alcohol in moderation because if you drink regularly then you will be at an increased risk of certain types of cancer like kidney, liver, colon, and breast.
- Mediterranean diet is helpful for women because it reduces the risk of breast cancer. The Mediterranean is full of fruits and vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and nuts.
Prevention tip 4
Protection against the sun
Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. Given below are some tips which you should follow:
Before stepping out, always apply a sunscreen with SPF 30.
Do not opt for sunlamps and tanning beds.
Cover all the exposed areas properly. You should wear dark or bright colors to reflect the UV rays.
If possible, do not step out in the sun between 10 a.m to 4 p.m. because the sun rays are very harsh.
Prevention Tip 5
Stay hygienic and safe
You should not share needles with others because it can increase the risk of infection like HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C. These are known to increase the risk of liver cancer.
You need to limit the number of sexual partners and while doing intercourse use a condom. There are high chances of getting STD if you have more number of sexual partners. Additionally, the STD can increase the risk of anus, liver, anus, penis, vagina, and lung cancer.